Sunday, June 19, 2016

Montana Life - Living History and the Summer Road Trip


We made it out with friends again this weekend, for another dose of Montana history on the road - this time with a local Lewis and Clark event, and I'm wondering...


...is it only in Montana where the Native American dancers carry cell phones (handy for rounding up their lost drummer) and cameras...


...and children are called to the front chairs for the beaver skinning demonstration?


Or, is this everyday life everywhere in the country?


5 comments:

Dawn said...

I think I would want to stay in the back row for the beaver demonstration. It sounds very educational...
Blessings, Dawn

maryanne said...

Is that a real beaver? I don't see that happening in California OR Massachusetts. The cell phones, I could see.

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

Maryanne - It was a real beaver, and he really did skin it, starting by sawing off the paws to hand around for the kids to see 😱

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Whoa, beaver skinning would probably not fly here in Silicon Valley. Cell phones would.

Ticia said...

I don't know that we had a beaver skinning done live, but it would sure be interesting.....