Monday, March 29, 2010

Easter Lily Craft and Book

We kicked things off for Easter today, with Liz Curtis Higgs' The Parable of the Lily. It's a sweet, Easter themed story, about a father's gift, at first unappreciated, and overlooked, but which brings joy, repentance, and forgiveness in the end.

To go with it, we made a bouquet of hand print Easter lilies.

The girls traced, and cut out their hand prints.

While, I prepared pipe cleaner stems (we didn't have enough green, so I used blue, white, and pink, too), with a bit of yellow pipe cleaner wrapped around the top, for stamen.


We wrapped the hand prints around the pipe cleaners, taping them so the thumb, and pinkies touched.


Then, we rolled the fingers down around a pencil.



And, finally, we put them into a vase filled with shreds of tissue paper, in the middle of the table.


It's great to be a homeschooler.

3 comments:

Christianne @ Little Page Turners said...

These turned out so sweet! I'll have to check out that book.

Debbie said...

I love how these turned out! I will have to see if I can find that book. I do know Selena and I will be making these flowers! Thank you for explaining how to make them so well!

Ticia said...

That is way too cute. I better get my Easter books down before it's too late.
Have you ever noticed that Easter lilies don't actually bloom at Easter? At least the ones at my house don't.